Nurseplus are currently working with a local provider of autism care and supporting them with several support worker vacancies on a temp to perm basis.
You will register with Nurseplus as an agency worker and upon successful registration will be allocated work within the provider. If the first few weeks of work goes well you will enter the 12-week temp to perm period. Upon completion of the 12 weeks, you will transfer to being a permanent member of their team.
There are a number of homes through Hastings and St Leonards that you could be placed in. This will be dependant on their requirements and how you feel you get on in each home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physical and personal care of residents
- Support and encourage service users to achieve as much as they want to
- Assist in the assessments and evaluation of individual programme plans
- Participate in all in house training and development programmes
- Maintain good relationships with all residents and members of staff
- Administer medication as required
- To maintain strict confidentiality
- Help develop links in the community for leisure activities
- Assist with domestic duties within the home such as; cooking, cleaning and minor maintenance
- Any other duties as requested by management
Skills and Requirements:
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
- Experience within autism care
- Flexible with shift patterns
- Commitment to a 12-week temp to perm placement
What you will receive in return:
- Training with Nurseplus and ongoing training with the client once permanent
- Excellent holiday allowance - 28 days plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Employee discount scheme
- A permanent job within a lovely family run environment with the opportunity for progression
- Free DBS through Nurseplus *terms apply
If successful, you will obtain a permanent contract with the client. If not, you will remain on Nurseplus books for work in similar establishments throughout the area on an agency basis. All options can be discussed at interview stage.