Nurseplus are looking for Domiciliary Support Workers in Basingstoke providing care and support to parents or carers of people with learning disabilities or Mental Health problems (Some have complex needs epilepsy, autism and Asperger syndrome).
We aim to support people with learning disabilities to live independently as part of their local community, close to existing networks and family. Providing support at home means that the person can exercise choice and control over their life in ways that would not usually be possible, if living in structured environments such as residential care or group living.
To assist Service Users with activities of daily living as per assessment and care plan completed by the Care Coordinator and/or Field Supervisor. Principles duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• General housekeeping e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic duties etc, and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives
• Providing help with all aspects of personal care if required. (Minimal)
• Facilitating socialisation and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out, going for a drive (where required), reading etc
• Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit
• Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
• To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary
• To support Service Users to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary
• To create opportunities for Service Users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities
• To carry out duties as the Care Plan reasonably stipulates
Hours: Nurseplus offer flexible work. Full or part time. Early, late, long day and night shifts are available.
- Support Work experience is essential
- You must have the right to work within the UK.
- You must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand and be understood, both verbal and written
- Be working towards or willing to work towards recognised Health and Social Care qualifications
- You must have patience, tact and understanding
Benefits of working for Nurseplus-
- Flexible Hours - To suit your needs, full or part time, days, evening, weekends
- Excellent Weekly Pay - Competitive hourly rate
- FREE Training - In-line with Care Certificate
- FREE Uniform after completion of training
- FREE DBS *terms apply
- Refer a friend scheme - Earn £100 for every friend you refer *Terms apply.
- Reputable Agency - Established since 2005
- Full support - Expert training, supervision and ongoing support
- Full career development support - Nurseplus is a growing company with a variety of opportunities for career progression
Nurseplus is a national company with over 60 branches across the UK. We are committed to support our workforce to ensure they have the right skills to do their job and enable them to develop themselves and their careers.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Apply today for jobs in Basingstoke (Agy) PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR ONE JOB, THIS APPLICATION WILL COVER ANY JOBS WE HAVE AVAILABLE, DO NOT APPLY FOR EACH LOCATION