Nurseplus are looking for Passionate, Caring and reliable Homecare Team Leader to join our established team in the Teignmouth and Torbay areas.
As a Domiciliary worker you will be providing care in peoples own homes assisting our service users to live full, interesting lives but still staying within the comfort of their own home. You will assist service users with their general health and personal care needs within the comfort of their own home.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine desire to work in care. You must have a caring attitude and a positive, sociable disposition, be passionate about helping the vulnerable, be respectful towards others, have excellent communication skills and know exactly when you should listen and when you need to step in and help. You must be fully flexible to work within the domiciliary care environment and it goes without saying that you have great attention to detail and always remain calm under pressure
The Homecare Tema Leader role will include
- Companionship - To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests. You’ll get to know the people you’re caring for and understand exactly what they want and need, helping them achieve things that they wouldn’t be able to do by themselves, allowing them to live independently.
- Personal care - To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support plan using a person centred approach and in the least intrusive way.
- Medication support.
- Be reliable, compassionate, honest and patient.
- To encourage the independence and motivation of the Client and not foster dependent behaviour.
- To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry, as detailed in the care plan.
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients.
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- To ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the Client, whilst respecting the Client’s choice and right. By listening and understanding, you’ll treat all our customers with dignity, patience and compassion, developing relationships based on trust and reassurance.
- Flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
Skills and Abilities:
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the ability to understand and be understood
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and use a person centred approach to service user care and support
- Able to report on service user’s condition, in a clear concise manner
- Able to use own initiative and work without supervision but ask for help or advice from senior staff when needed
- Good basic hygiene skills
- Good observational skills able to record vital observations if necessary and understand how to report these
- Undertakes clinical tasks (where trained and competent e.g. managing peg feeds, stoma care suctioning simple dressings
- Able to instigate emergency procedures
- Able to provide effective personal care and support in a way that maintains the privacy, dignity and safety of the user at all times
- Able to work independently but understands the need to report to the manager any change in users care needs, circumstances or condition
- Able to update user records, record observations, fluid balance care plans if appropriate
- Ensure users are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- Drivers are essential for this role
ExperienceExperience in a care or support environment for at least 2 years is essential
Experience of service users with complex needs would be desirable
Benefits of working for Nurseplus-
- Excellent Weekly Pay - Competitive hourly rate
- FREE Training - In-line with Care Certificate
- FREE Uniform after completion of training
- FREE DBS *terms apply
- Refer a friend scheme - Earn £100 for every friend you refer *Terms apply.
- Reputable Agency - Established since 2005
- Full support - Expert training, supervision and ongoing support
- Full career development support - Nurseplus is a growing company with a variety of opportunities for career progression
Nurseplus is a national company with a network of branches across the UK. We are committed to supporting our workforce to ensure they have the right skills to do their job and enable them to develop themselves and their careers.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Apply today for jobs in Teignmouth.(Agy) PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR ONE JOB, THIS APPLICATION WILL COVER ANY JOBS WE HAVE AVAILABLE, DO NOT APPLY FOR EACH LOCATION