Nurseplus is recruiting experienced Support Workers in Southampton for local work with people with learning disabilities.
Main duties will include -
- Supporting people with a range of needs including learning disabilities and mental health problems to meet their chosen outcomes
- Provide support to enable them to access information.
- Helping Service Users meet both their health and social care needs. This includes assisting with personal hygiene, assistance with laundry and preparing meals and drinks.
- Supporting Service Users with medication.
- Enable Service Users to achieve independence in all areas of their life where possible.
- Help Service Users to identify and choose their support needs.
- Help to maintain a safe, comfortable and supportive home for the Service Users.
- Support the Service Users to actively contribute to the running of their own house.
- Assist the individuals we support to engage themselves as valued members of the local community.
- Ensure that the rights of the individuals we support are always protected and respected.
Hours: Nurseplus offer flexible work Full or part time. Early late, long day and night shifts are available.
- Experience working with people with learning disabilities
- You must have the right to work with the UK.
- You must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand and be understood – verbal and written
- You need to be 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable people.
- You must have a kind and caring nature.
Situations can sometimes be difficult and challenging. You will need a willingness to work with a variety of clients with differing needs and an ability to work with challenging clients and demonstrate patience and compassion
Working or willing to work towards free recognised Health and Social Care certificates
Benefits of working for Nurseplus-
• Flexible Hours - To suit your needs
• Rewarding - Job satisfaction
• FREE Training - In-line with Care Certificate
• FREE Uniform after completion of training
• FREE DBS *terms apply
• On-going Staff Development - Qualification opportunities
• Reputable Agency - Established since 2005
• CQC & REC regulated - Compliant
• Excellent Weekly Pay from £8.41 Including holiday pay
• Staff Benefits - Staff Lottery & Plus Points Scheme
• Refer a friend scheme - Earn £100 for every friend you refer *Terms apply.
Nurseplus is a national company with over 60 branches across the UK, We run award winning in-house training sessions, allowing people new to care a career path with full training and support. We offer full office support available for you day or night to assist you with any issue or difficulties you may have.
An enhanced DBS check will be email@example.com
Apply today for jobs in Southampton.(Agy) PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR ONE JOB, THIS APPLICATION WILL COVER ANY JOBS WE HAVE AVAILABLE, DO NOT APPLY FOR EACH LOCATION