If you are new to care we will arrange for shadow shifts to be completed, this will give you some experience in a live setting with the experienced staff to support you.
Shadowing is a fantastic experience to allow you to put into practice what you have learnt in training and to allow you to develop essential skills necessary for you to provide an excellent service to the people you are going to care for.
• All members of staff are able to shadow with a senior member of our team to ensure that they are suitable, competent and have the right attitude to work with adults with physical or learning disabilities.
• In addition, it allows you the opportunity to gain confidence in practical skills.
• Shadowing can be arranged at any time to support you to learn and develop best practice.
• Staff supervisions are carried out, every 3 months
• Field supervision of all staff, every 3 months.
• Spot checks carried out, every 3 months.
• Annual staff appraisals.
What are you waiting for? Make the first step to a career in care! Apply today
Furthering your career with Nurseplus
Progression within Nurseplus is very important and we are proud to have seen our carers become branch managers, and our managers become directors. We feel that it is important to support your learning and development, so everyone has access to qualification options.
All of our workers are given the opportunity for further development and progression and encouraged to undertake their level 2 diploma in health and social care, completed around working hours if desired.
For those who need to fit their learning around work and family commitments, we are pleased to offer distance learning for a wide range of qualifications through Careshield.